Friday, September 28, 2007

E85 Stations

Here in Colorado, I noticed that I can get E85 at the smaller stations, such as Western Convenience, Hill Petroleum, or 1st Stop. What's interesting is that Shell or Conoco or the big (dare I say 'oil'?) companies are not selling it right now. (There is a Conoco station in Denver that sells it and 1 Shell, out of 32 stations.) Hmmm, that's says a lot.

I like the little guys, anyway. The underdogs. Rocky. It's okay for them to have some of my money. I'm making a choice with every purchase. A choice to use E85 and a choice to sponsor the little stations. Choice is good. I like having a choice. (DMV - Department of Motor Vehicles, no choice. Public Schools, not too much competition there, either. Yet.)

National Geographic has this: http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/2007-10/biofuels/biofuels.html Interesting, fairly good read.

A guy gave me $10 last night to give him and his TV (for Halo3) a ride to his house 5 blocks away. Should I calculate that into my E85 calculations? Probably, but I won't. A car wasn't big enough for the TV, though.

No comments: