Wednesday, September 19, 2007

E85 Ethanol fuel test

September 15, 2007. We went boating for the day and I filled up with E85 on the way back, in Longmont, using my $25 E85 gift certificate from their grand opening! I went 119 miles on 10.5 gallons, so 11.3 mpg in tow/haul mode. $25 of fuel - FREE! 91,000 miles.

What I did notice was the exhaust smell, or lack there of, when I am hitching the trailer on to the truck, or launching the boat. When the truck idles, I don't have the exhaust smell that stinks.

Plus, I blow up the inflatable tube at the lake using an air pump which is plugged into a power inverter which is plugged into the right rear cigarette lighter in the Tahoe. The Tahoe has to be running in order for the inverter to have enough juice to blow it up, so the exhaust pipe is right there. No stink, kind of sweet.

No comments: