Thursday, September 20, 2007

E85 ethanol Grand Opening

Yesterday, I attended a grand opening of a station now selling E85. 91st and Huron at a store called Western Convenience. They were selling it for 85 CENTS per gallon!!

Plus, a radio station was there giving away stuff. I got t-shirt, Coke, Krispy Kreme, magnets and stickers. Good schwag.

I spent $5 because my tank was already full from my $25 gift certificate. But I squeezed every single drop in until it was was right at the filler cap. Yep, I spilled a little bit on my hand and it didn't stink. It dried like water. No oily residue. You know how you spill putting gas in a lawnmower or something and then your hand smells like gas all day long? Nope, not this stuff. Not much smell going in. Kind of sweet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does anyone know where to get information on converting a 99' Mazda B2500 similar truck to the Ford Ranger to run on E85?

E85 said...

I read where the EPA just approved a company for conversion kits. It was the first company, I just can't remember what it is.