Thursday, October 18, 2007

Grand Opening of Colorado's 40th biofuels station!

I attended the Grand Opening today in Longmont at another Western Convenience station. Country radio station 98.5 KYGO was there broadcasting and handing out free stuff. I got a GM live green, go yellow shirt. Krispy Kremes, free pop, stickers, brochures and pamphlets. Good times. But the best part - $1.99 per gallon! I filled it right to the brim.

18.5 Gallons @ $1.99 = $37.
241 miles on 18 gallons = 13 miles per gallon.

Ok. Still not sure what my Great White Tahoe would get on gasoline.

I do know that's 15 cents per mile.
12.5 miles per gallon at $2.00 = 16 cents per mile.
If I was running on gas, I might get 15 miles per gallon, but would pay $2.70 or 18 cents per mile.

So, gas is more expensive.

No comments: