Thursday, October 11, 2007

Power and Performance

There are a number of bumper stickers that say, "My fuel is home grown - created mostly with crops grown in places like Colorado" or "Corn - Fed powered by E85 ethanol" or I have a little white with blue and yellow magnet that says, "I Drive E85 - the future of clean air." (I'm thinking Sammy Hagar doing a remix as a promotion - I Drive E85!!) I think the magnet would make me drive harder than I do. Just to beat people off the line at stop lights so they don't think ethanol is weak. And to show off a little. But, at least I'm not giving my money to OPEC.

I am sucking E85 down on this tank. I had to pull the boat to get it winterized and I've been really flooring it, just to see what it can do, what it sounds like and how much power it really has. Especially since the days are getting colder and the morning air is dense which packs more power. Plus, I we took it 4 wheeling in the pumpkin patch. Big ruts and I had to see if the 4 wheel drive works, uh, yeah. I haven't had 4 wheel drive since high school.

No comments: