Thursday, February 14, 2008

First E85 oil change

Ok, this past weekend, I changed the oil, upon recommendation from the 'Change Oil' light. This will be the first time since last July. I've always done my own oil changes, never had anyone else do it on any vehicle I've ever owned. (DIY home improvement projects, bag your own groceries, check yourself out of the store, pump your own gas, generate your own solar electricity, grow your own fuel, but then pay for car washes and oil changes?? Whole other topic.)

Anyway, I pulled the AC Delco PF61 filter off and replaced with NAPA Gold 1522. Drained the oil and replaced with Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic - almost 6 qts! The dirty oil that came out did not smell like normal dirty oil. Can't quite describe it here, but I could tell this was different. Dirty though, no doubt.

When I started it to back off the ramps, my dad noticed the E85 exhaust smell. It's obvious this vehicle runs on something different - E85.

Might have to tackle the spark plugs, next. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can’t imagine focusing long enough to research; much less write this kind of article. You’ve outdone yourself with this material. This is great content. mechanic brandon fl
javascript:void(0)