Friday, December 7, 2007

E85 Cold Weather Test

I filled up today, the first time in a month!! I had 2 people start asking me questions while I was filling. It was very positive. You can tell if your vehicle is Flex Fuel by gas cap, VIN, Internet (e85fuel.com) or the dealer.

The performance of E85 tested in 10 degrees F has been a success here in Colorado. My Great White Tahoe starts and runs fine. E85 cold weather test: Passed.

Let's see, E85 was $2.19 so ~20 gallons was $43. Gas at the same station was $2.90 I believe. So, gas would have cost me $58.

The debate continues in the news including diesel. These studies are mind boggling, which is fine for people who don't want to use E85. If you don't want to use it, then don't - it keeps the demand and the price low. If everyone switched, demand and price would increase. So, keep the price low for me, please. Wired had a good article on cellulosic ethanol in October 2007 issue. Great ideas, very, very exciting. I'm not corn crazy, but it is a step in the right direction. Choice is good.

No comments: